- The project was to supply and install street lighting & electrical and communication services to a 4.2km stretch of road while it was being expanded to 6 lanes. Together with Main Roads and Leighton Contractors, Wesco completed all works in the scheduled time frame.
Scope of Works
- Time frame was to complete the highway by Feb 2013
- Road to remain open to vehicles, working in high traffic areas
- Installation of temporary street lighting
- Relocating and installation of new lighting and communications pits
- Accommodation works (electrical and communication works) to all businesses along this stretch to keep them operational.
- Magnificent new six lane stretch of road with double sided lighting and median strip containing essential services such as power and communications.
“Wesco Electrics were engaged by Leightons to work on the Gateway project where they have been contracted to carry out the electrical works and civil trenching for the Great Eastern Highway expansion. The most important qualities of the service Wesco provide is their access to resources and the quality and skills of their staff.”
Eugene Maguire, Project Manager – Leightons
Click here to read some of the testimonials given by our clients.